Exhibition On View at the LBJ Presidential Library
April 13, 2019 - January 26, 2020
Celebrating the 60th Anniversary
of Motown Records
Curated by the GRAMMY Museum®, Motown: The Sound of Young America is the first major museum exhibition to embrace all facets—music, culture, and politics—of the 1960s biggest sounds in soul. Visit the exhibition at the LBJ Presidential Library to explore the evolution of the label, view personal artifacts from some of its biggest artists, and do your take on some of Motown's biggest hits.
Plan Your Visit
Hours and Admission
The LBJ Library is open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with last admission at 4:40 p.m. We are closed for three holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
There is no additional charge for Motown: The Sound of Young America. Your admission into the library includes entrance into the exhibition. Plan ahead and buy your tickets online now.
- Adults: $10
- Seniors (62 and over) with valid ID: $7
- Former military with valid ID: $5
- Youth 13-18: $3
- College students with valid ID: $3
Free admission to:
- Children 12 and under
- Active duty military
- Members of Friends of the LBJ Library and Future Forum membership groups
- Members of other NARA Presidential Libraries
- Student groups (including school staff) with reservations
- The University of Texas at Austin students, faculty, and staff with valid ID
- Recipients of SNAP, WIC, and MAP
For complete admission details, visit lbjlibrary.org.
Location and Parking
The LBJ Library is located on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Our address is 2313 Red River St., Austin, TX 78705.
Parking for the LBJ Library is always free in our designated visitor parking lot #38. Located directly off Red River Street, look for brightly colored LBJ banners at the lot entrance.
For complete location and parking details, visit lbjlibrary.org.